Ngern Tid Lor Public Company Limited ("TIDLOR"), the owner of the top-of-mind Ngern Tid Lor brand, is the leader in providing vehicle title loans to the under-banked customer segment and the largest branch-based non-life insurance broker in Thailand, has been commended in the Best Retail Bank Thailand category at the virtual Retail Banker International (RBI): Asia Trailblazer Awards 2021. The technological overhaul its undertaken also gained Highly Commended (HC) trophies in the Best App for Customer Experience (CX); Best Application of Data Analytics; & Best Use of Machine Learning (ML) categories.
TIDLOR doubled its IT spending and tripled its IT resources to include three hundred people in order to improve its technologoy and integrate multichannel offering, with the aim of increasing digital adoption and launching new projects for its branch, agent and direct customers, such as:
- A Branch Experience Digital Transformation project: quicker, easier loans with less on-boarding time are now possible at its 1,200 branches across Thailand. This is thanks to the rollout of tablets and better intuitive apps for in-branch staff to use without expensive training requirements. These can be used off-site as well by tens of thousands of agents broadening its market reach.
- Ngern Tid Lor Mobile Application: The mobile app has linked back-end systems together to provide better ‘on the move’ accessibility and CX via enhanced self-service; always-on 24x7 capabilities; faster loan decision; easier loyalty program participation; electronic e-payment, e-billing and e-wallet services; and so on. Mobile functionality is relatively new to segments of underbanked customers. In less than two months, following the launch last year, 144,000 downloads had been achieved and after six months ฿100 million Baht (1 THB, equivalent to 0.03 USD) had been converted into loan volume via the new channel.
- Digital Acquisition Platform: based on Kentico on AWS the revamped digital platform has cut customer acquisition costs, improved Straight-Through Processing (STP) and web traffic granularity as it’s integrated with an online ads platforms and the company’s wider revamped digital estate. With its expertise in digital acquisition, TIDLOR has achieved #1 searched brand on Google, generating 3.5 times web traffic of next competitors. Its digital acquisition platform contributes 25% new insurance non-loan customers, at an increasing rate, dramatically reducing cost of acquisition.
- Data Analytics Infrastructure: TIDLOR moved its website from a PIM-based (Product Information Management) approach to be in the cloud, which gave it the flexibility to then launch an integrated mobile application, and to layer on top its internal database, Firebase, Google Analytics 360, and the reward engagement Buzzebees’ database. This has improved oversight, operational efficiency via enhanced automation, speed, engagement and risk procedures. For example, a suite of predictive models for underwriting, portfolio management and collections have been created.
TIDLOR has also introduced Artificial Intelligence (AI)-driven Machine Learning (ML) and Natural Language Processing (NLP) capabilities to improve its data mastery, integration and procedures, winning it recognition here too at the awards in the ML category. Specifically, it introduced a Facebook Messenger chatbot it called Jingjai to give users a chat feature that uses humanized language to access services more easily and cheaply. Less agents are required to drive customer interest, acquisition and service satisfaction. It also resulted in better ad campaigns: see below.
- Ngern Tid Lor (TIDLOR) were also HC: Highly Commended in the Best Advertising Campaign category at the Retail Banker International (RBI): Asia Trailblazer Awards 2021. “The judges were impressed by TIDLOR’s use of Facebook in a campaign that reduced Cost-Per-Lead (CPL) by 48%, converted higher qualified leads twice as effectively as normal Facebook leads.”